New Year’s Resolutions aside, this time of year is a great time to take stock of what you have and what you need in your wardrobe. Is it time to get rid of a few old sweaters? Are there jackets that you don’t wear anymore? Maybe a refresh of those not so white white t-shirts. Once you have taken the time to go through and remove what is no longer needed, you deserve a reward. This New Year, take time to create and add new styles to refresh your wardrobe.
Even adding small pieces can give you more options to mix and match into your already fabulous looks and create something new and refreshing. We’ve selected a few pieces that have just arrived at La Ree and will be excellent for adding that little je ne sais quoi to your 2017.
DRESSING UP SNEAKERS
Isabel Marant Anabel Dress (in store only) | Golden Goose Black Cord Super Star
Need a little refresh inspiration? Check out these five tips on cleaning out your closet:
- Take everything out. While this may seem a little intimidating, you’ll realize just how much you have and you’ll find things that you may have forgotten you owned. When you eventually put everything back in, take the time to arrange your clothes in a way that will make getting dressed easy and fun!
- Get new hangers. Creating a closet that is organized is part strategy, part aesthetics. Hangers help with both. Having a variety of hanger types not only looks messier, but it can also cause spacing issues when hanging your clothes.
- Divide and Conquer. Adding dividers to your shelving may be a great way to keep your sweaters and other folded items neat. Plus, you won’t be dealing with piles that are tipping over and losing their shape.
- Go vertical. Remember that using floor space can be a great place to line up shoes, store a laundry basket, or store your off season clothes. Storing sweaters in fabric safe bags or containers throughout the summer will free up space for shorts and swim suits. Then switch during the colder months.
- Reduce. This might be the hardest part of the whole process. When deciding if you want to keep a piece, consider, have you worn it recently? Does it have sentimental value? Would you buy it today? Can someone else use it more than you? Then when you have your pile of clothes to get rid of, sort through to see what can be sold, what can be donated, and what needs to be thrown out.
Good luck! We’re wishing you a very refreshing January and 2017!
Be sure to come by the store or shop online when you’re ready to pick up those new pieces that will add that extra something to your personal style.
PLUS — REWARDS WEEK STARTS JANUARY 9TH!
Join us for Rewards Week from January 9th – January 23rd to spend your earned dollars. La Ree staff will be contacting you to let you know how much rewards dollars you have earned.